MDPO: External Fixator System
The MDPO External Fixator System is used in the treatment of lower extremity fractures, soft-tissue injuries and reconstructive surgery
Manufacturer's DescriptionThe MDPO External Fixator System is used in the treatment of lower extremity fractures, soft-tissue injuries and reconstructive surgery. After fracture reduction the external fixator is used to provide stability and maintain the alignment of bone fragments during the healing process. It is strong and secure enough to allow early mobilization of the injured part. The early mobilization yields compressive forces over the fracture or osteotomy site and aids in bone healing and consolidation. Pins and wires are used to fixate the bone fragments and to attach to the external fixation device.
With MDPO Technology Constant Compression Can Now Be Achieved!
- The MDPO system is able to withstand 250,000 weightbearing cycles while the traditional construct fails after 1 cycle.
- The in-plane compressive yield strength of the MDPO system is statistically significantly greater than that of the traditional system.
The Future is NOW! Why is MDPO better?
- Anatomical footplate for foot and ankle surgery with arches to mimic the anatomy of the foot
- Radiolucent material to allow better radiographic visualization
- Option of carbon fiber or aluminum rings
- Introduction of Radel columns
- Convenient double-row of holes to minimize clutter
- Interchangeable medial and lateral arches to easily switch “sidedness”
- Compatible with existing external fixation systems
- Small, medium, large frame options
- Small frame
- Medium frame
- Large frame